1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a complete TBI setup from an 88-89 Chevy Van with a 350. It includes:

TBI unit
Computer
Intake Manifold (for late model heads, but can easily be moded for early)
Distributor
Coil
Harness (Carefully cut, but not hacked. Easily spliced)
Sensors, PCV valve, etc.

I also have some center bolt 305 EFI heads laying around if anyone is interested.

As far as I know everything is here minus a fuel pump and an O2 sensor (universal ones are about $18.00). The computer is P/N 1227747 and can be easily modified. Search Yahoo for 1227747, and you will see what I mean. As far as I know everything is in running order but I have no way to test it. it was running on the vehicle we took it off of.

Pics are HERE

I'm asking $400.00, but very open to offers, and/or trades. I need some 35" tires and who knows what else.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I need it

Kinda broke doing the axle thing to my rig, but I'll offer $250

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: I need it

klamp said:
Kinda broke doing the axle thing to my rig, but I'll offer $250
How about $300? This is about as complete as you are gonna find a setup, and it already has a good computer with a lot of aftermarket support.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well I'd like to have it , but I'm spending a ton of $$ on Gears, lockers, etc... So If you got someone selse one the line give it to them, and thanks!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Hummm I would like to have that, but don't need it. My bother has a 72 chevy truck with a BUILT 350...what would it take to put it on that?

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How built is the motor? Most of the time the big deciding factor is the camshaft that's in it. Higher duration cams cause all kinds of trouble with the stock TBI setups. You can get custom chips programmed for this computer, and I think they run about $150.00

I'm not a pro at this TBI stuff, but that's what I understand.

Maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll take 250.00 for anyone that wants it. BTW, there are chips for this available on Ebay for $30.00. :eek:

I need to clear the stuff out of my garage!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Ok, I talked to him over the weekend. He is sure there is a huge cam in his motor...it was totally built for performance. So, what you are saying is that this will not work with his current set up, or are you saying that with a new chip it could work?

Also, isn't there a difference between the later 80's TBI and early 90's TBI?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Emailed Ya

Hey I Emailed you. Still interested in it.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wish I could answer that. I'm not a pro with the TBI thing at all. I also have a 4 barrel Holley Pro-jection setup that I know WILL work with big cams, but it's not MAP controlled like the factory TBI stuff, and I think that's where the issues come in to play.

Sorry I can't be more help with this.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FJ40man said:
If WheelinPiazza doesn't take it I will! Shipping will be to 98005 zip code!:D
I have it packed for him, and it's sitting at work ready to ship, but I haven't received payment, and he hasn't read my last PM sent yesterday, so I'm not 100% sure if he still wants it. He might not have gotten the PM notification (as I often don't). I'll let you know as soon as I can.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts