Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any experience using these for the rear ? I have a set , removed the overload and 1 more .. total of 3 springs.. they seem pretty soft .. .have not installed them yet

·
Registered
57 Posts
I went to 58" springs from some unidentified Chevy on my 4Runner and love the articulation, and the ride actually seems to have improved. I did break one center pin about a year after installation, so it'd be worth it to check if yours are acceptable to you. The only downside is they're longer, so they affect the departure angle, and they're in the way of the bed-bob that I now want to do; I'll have to go to a link suspension to get around that. Other than that, real happy with them.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I ran chevys they were 56" i believe off a 2wd S10 which was sprung under, being so they gave me about 4" of lift and were super flexy almost to soft, i added a toy rear overload with the rear half behind the center-pin cut off, they worked great for years,, (about 7-8) until finally i broke both main leafs...... :homer:

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I ran chevys they were 56" i believe off a 2wd S10 which was sprung under, being so they gave me about 4" of lift and were super flexy almost to soft, i added a toy rear overload with the rear half behind the center-pin cut off, they worked great for years,, (about 7-8) until finally i broke both main leafs...... :homer:
Probably from towing with the truck...... Ive personally seen him tow a trailer with two 2 1/2 rocks with 53" tires!! :eek::eek::eek::laughing:

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats good to hear. They might be long.. but not as long as the 63's. I plan replacing the center pin with a 3/8s grade 8 bolt. Round off the head. Hopefully get them installed this weekend. :smokin:

·
Registered
876 Posts
Probably from towing with the truck...... Ive personally seen him tow a trailer with two 2 1/2 rocks with 53" tires!! :eek::eek::eek::laughing:
Haha, yea i forgot about that,, steering was interesting,, any time i hit a bump the front tires would come off the ground... :eek: I got one hell of a stare going down on I-5 when a CHP passed me going the other way and my front end was bouncing a few inches off the ground... :homer: I took the very next off ramp and snuck up to Davezoffroad! :D Lucky everthing/body got home safe..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts