Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the whole chevy 63" swap thread and just wanted a little bit more info on the subject. I picked up a set of 63" springs from a local junkyard about a week ago. I know im not going to be getting the same amount of lift that i have right now without going to maybe a 2 inch block or even keeping in more leafs. I want it to be as flexy as it can be with maximum droop, i was reading about maybe a buggy leaf setup or double shackle and im still not very clear on the double shackle idea. Long story short i want good amount of lift and maximum performance. thanks before cuz thats a long ass post.

-Thomas

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
read everything from page 1 to page 21 still dont get it about the double shackle so obviously u need to read my post again.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i want a good pic of one mostly, there was a couple pics on the thread that werent showing up so just a good solid picture of one.

-Thomas

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks i get it better now only 2 of those pics work for me tho i think those where of the same truck posted up my comp is gay. thanks yota.

-Thomas

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
Most people that I know that did the Chevy springs with the double shackle have since gone to a single shackle. They have a tendency to unload on downhills and a lot of uncontroled droop. A lot of flex is great as long as it is controlled.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks oop's ive heard that also and ive also heard that the buggy leaf setup also has a tendency to unload alot, so my question is wut is the best shackle/block/add a leaf setup with these 63's? i got them for a deal (30 bucks all together) and im going to use them no matter wut.

-Thomas

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am running the 63" spring with a 2" lift block on an 88 4runner with 38.5 14.50 tires and they rub a little but nothin a 2# hammer couldnt take care of:D I did the buggy leaf when I first built the truck and on the first test drive in the driveway the ass end would flex up over 8"s with both cases locked in so I removed those and just placed the shackle hanger farther back

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hows the articulation with the 2 inch blocks? and wut size shackle are u running eye to eye? thanks for the info i appreciate it alot!

-Thomas

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Go with an 8'' eye to eye shackle. If you don't want to make the spring hanger and shackles Sky makes a kit.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Here's a good view of 63's and double rear shackle. :p

Attachments

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Go with an 8'' eye to eye shackle. If you don't want to make the spring hanger and shackles Sky makes a kit.
aaron- lol im going to be honest but thats prolly one of the best pics ive seen of the double shackle setup.

yea i was looking at just buying the kit from sky its exactly wut i need and 120 bucks isnt bad for saving me a couple hours of fab time. they come with only 6 inch eye to eye shackles but maybe if i ask they can make me 8 inch ones? anyone dealt with sky before? good? bad? ok?

-Thomas

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am running 8" eye to eye shackles and the lift block causes some axle wrap but nothing a trac bar couldnt fix.

·
Banned
253 Posts
I see the shackels.

That pebble get in the way?

Here's a good view of 63's and double rear shackle.
Attached Images

·
Registered
848 Posts
Whadda expect for a toyota :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea i think im just going to run my 63's with 8 inch shackles and call it good. im just looking for a good amount of flex and droop for a cheap price. thanks everyone.

-Thomas

·
Registered
27 Posts
My pics/setup

63" tech
thats the link i used when i did my swap
i made some extened shackel to go from the stock hanger to the chevy stock shackels, i originaly(the red truck) ran the leafs with the overload and 3in blocks, when i did the rebuild (camo blue ex-cab) i removed the overload, used 2.5in tapered block. before the rear sat too high. this matches well with my 5in allpro front springs and 6in shackels.

here is a pic of a buggy leaf, i am thinking of switching myself but have never ran them. the reason that i want to switch is from my understanding the leaf will give a little pressure, vs just alowing the axel to fall when they drop, therefore more traction.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks spunks i really appreciate it ur post helped ALOT, ive just heard bad things about the buggy leaf so idk wut im going to be doing i think im going to try and just run the 3 leafs, overload, and 8 inch shackles and see how im sitting and if anything i can run a small block or wut not. thanks again.

-Thomas

1 - 20 of 25 Posts