Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
My opinion is that simple is good. Leaf springs are way simple, which is 1 of the main reasons to use them (aside from cost). Dont go messin' them up with 3/4 elliptical or double shackles. Goofy shackles and all that have always caused nothing but problems for all my friends that have used them. Ramp champs are neato but trail riding is better when you dont have to worry about wierd setups.
I run my 63"s with the overload spring cut into a 1" block. I also added a Traildisaster add-a-leaf and used Sky's kit. It probably wont get you as high as Bob Marley but it flexes all right. I went with the add-a-leaf because its a 4runner that is my daily driver and often weighted down with camping gear. By the way, you wont be unhappy with Sky or his kit. He is a super-nice, knowledgeable dude. He also rocks a mohawk:smokin:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just want to say nice stacks.

63" tech
thats the link i used when i did my swap
i made some extened shackel to go from the stock hanger to the chevy stock shackels, i originaly(the red truck) ran the leafs with the overload and 3in blocks, when i did the rebuild (camo blue ex-cab) i removed the overload, used 2.5in tapered block. before the rear sat too high. this matches well with my 5in allpro front springs and 6in shackels.

here is a pic of a buggy leaf, i am thinking of switching myself but have never ran them. the reason that i want to switch is from my understanding the leaf will give a little pressure, vs just alowing the axel to fall when they drop, therefore more traction.

·
Registered
27 Posts
thanks, i am going to get shorty headers (block huggers are too much in the way of everything) and when i do that i will put the stacks back on, my buddy has some chrome ones off a big rig that i will use for fun, might install a spark plug and propane for some fun flames....lol...ok, probly not, but its fun to think about

·
Registered
876 Posts
yea i bought some stuff from sky, the customer service was great, they shipped it that day and got to me a couple days later, it all seemed to be good quality and is still holding up!!! thats a lot better than some companies to say the least...........

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
nice ill be ordering there chevy swap kit so it will make it a lil easier on me, thanks everyone for the input.

-Thomas

21 - 25 of 25 Posts