Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a mid to late 70's Chevy K20 longbed 4x4 in a wrecking yard. The drivetrain is all there and untouched. I know the owner of the yard and he will give me a deal on the axles. I'm not an expert so I'm unsure of what they are. The rear is an 8-lug 14 bolt FF, but the front I have no clue at all. It's an 8-lug axle with knuckles, 10 bolt cover and the diff looks a little bigger that a few dana 44's I've seen(I think). It doesn't look like the newer style 10 bolt front axle. So is it a 8-lug 3/4 ton dana 44 or possibly a D60? Any clue as what the pair would be worth??? I could probably score all the steering and drivelines as well. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
As far as price goes, some of the value will depend on the gear ratio. Let's assume that it is a D44 (most likely) and a 14 bolt. If they are stuffed with 4.10's, I would give in the neighborhood of 300 bucks if everything is there and useable (brakes, hubs, etc.). Higher the gears, the less I would give.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.