Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys here is some theory for you....my buddy gave me an entire mulitport fuel injection setup for a 502 chevy. It is off a baja power boat. Pretty kick ass setup. I got the entire harness intake plenum ,ditributor, and everything else.

My question is do you think I can make this setup work on a 454. Or will the computer drown out my smaller motor. My motor is a stock 330 horse. I think the 502 magnum was low 400s. The computer is not programable. I have heard that I can buy the holley projection computer and harness and be able to program it. Do you think this is a nightmare waiting to happen.

Oh and by the way my 454 is in my mastercraft boat. So I don't have an o2 sensor. It might be real easy or a pain the ass.

Sorry about the non crawling post but there are a bunch of smart people here.
Thanks
Rick:flipoff2:
It is this same setup that I found on ebay

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I don't think the 502 uses an O2 sensor in those boats.Whats wrong with your current set up? You can make it work. I have a 502 set up on my 454. I even upped the injectors. I'm using eight 42# injectors.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MY current set up on the 454 is a carb...and it is a piece of shit. A new marine carb is like $500-600. I got all this fuel injection stuff free. It would be wonderful to just turn the key and go. Right now my carb runs way rich so ...it would also be nice to have the correct fuel mixture.

You can make it work. I have a 502 set up on my 454. I even upped the injectors. I'm using eight 42# injectors.
Do you have the mulitport setup in a boat????

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
no boat, just my Jeep. I'm not familar with those marine set ups(mercruiser). I would try it and see. The fuel curves should not be that different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.