Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. Just looking for all the casting numbers for Chebbie drivetrain parts. I know it sounds like a little much, but having it handy will be invaluable. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12,251 Posts
You'll have to search man.
Heads/blocks/cranks are here

http://mortec.com/

And that's the only gimme I'll give you because I had it bookmarked. You'll need to learn to search for anything else, there are sites dedicated to axles, trannies, etc.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
go to amazon.com and buy you a chevy casting number book. it has sbc, bbc, heads, cranks, starter, alt., even egr valves and carbs all in one book. mine cost 15 bucks. search chevy casting numbers, should be a black book.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Chevys are pretty easy. Axles are either Dana 44, corporate 10 bolt or Dana60 in front, Plus the IFS 8.2 and 9.2. Rears are 10 bolt, 12bolt, 14 Bolt FF or SF or Dana 70 for duallys. Transmissions can be identified by the pan for automatics 350, 400, 700 4l60 or 80 E, manuals are either, Saginaw 3spd, 420 and 465 4 spds and NV3500 and NV4500 5 spd and ZF S6650 6 spd. T-cases in full sizes from 70 on up Dana 20, NP 203, 205, 208 and 241's plus the newer electric models and 261's for heavier stuff. That pretty much covers the majority of running gear parts.

·
Registered
29,928 Posts
Thanks guys. Really appreciate the quickness. What are ya thinking trkklr77?
learn the parts.

i keep a bunch of ratio tags on my key chain so i can quikly know a ratio count.

all diffs used in chevy truck have very specific covers/shapes. only the d60 and d70 use the same cover.

spend time searching and studing the differences in the tcases. they are all phisicaly different and easy to id with out ever looking at a tag.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts