Pirate 4x4 banner

Chevy conversions in a 60

748 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  mudrebel360 
#1 ·
Does anyone one know if the motor mounts from advance adapters for a chevy v-8 to the fj60 cruiser will fit the 454 big block or is it just for the 350 and any happen to know if the oldmobile 455 is the same block as a chevy 454 and will bolt up with those motor mounts. thanks

#2 ·
no, no and no.....................................................

( I added a couple periods for you to use )

What are you trying to build?

Chris:cool2:

#4 ·
The small and big block mounting is the same bolt pattern on the block so actually yes they should work. I used my old a/a engine mounts for a bb swap. The frame side mount may need to be flipped 180 or modified depending if it fits between the rails on a fj60 or not. This all depending on how and where you put the bb. Im not sure on the oldsmobile being the same bolt pattern as a gm.

I would go with a cradle type mount that spans under the pan and ties both engine mounts together. This will also help to protect the pan/ balancer ect. from the rockwells pinion.

#6 ·
Thanks fellows i figured that it being gm that they would use the same blocks but oh well i got the motor for free and i really want to use it for power, do you have any pics of a cradle mount. my superduty has it but how would i go about fabin one up. thanks again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.