Pirate 4x4 banner

281 - 300 of 314 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
I bought this and can't wait to get it going! Nevermind the dually hubs... oddly enough, from one broke back to another. Hope you are doing well barkbeetle!
Glad it didn't get parted. This thing was so close to being done. Keep this build going as you finish it and wheel it :smokin::grinpimp:

·
Fab Junky
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
I bought this and can't wait to get it going! Nevermind the dually hubs... oddly enough, from one broke back to another. Hope you are doing well barkbeetle!
Back is great, all things considered. Glad you bought it and let me know if you have any questions. Best wishes finishing it out.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Anything happening with this rig?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I hear that. I was just googling crew cabs looking for inspiration for the 84 I have sitting.

·
Storing Junk
220 Posts
So is there a chance the current owner might post pictures in the current condition?
It keeps moving around, I figure it will make it near me next time it sells.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update

Hey guys I wanted to update sense we have finally rounded up some of the parts we have been looking for to finish the build up on this truck. We are going a little different direction then it was started, We have more mud in Oregon then rocks lol. But this truck is so well built we can't stop noticing little things we missed the first time we checked it out. That being said here are some pictures of the route the truck is going. And yes we will finish it and I will keep everyone updated as we go forward.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Excited to see it. Truck deserves to get finished.

I hit up the PO on Facebook when it was up for sale but my transportation from Oregon to Texas got flakey.

Best of luck.

·
Fab Junky
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #296 ·
We also picked up a th400 203/205 doubler to go back into the truck like the original build

Slight correction, I had a 700R4 and the 203/205. I don’t know if a TH400 is the same length or not. Certainly the more heavy duty solution, it just might require you to make a new crossmember. I wanted an overdrive to go down the highway otherwise I too would have used a TH400.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
62 Posts
I came across it a few months ago for sale on facebook. It has been sitting for a while, obviously, and I almost didn't recognize it. It's had all the good parts stripped from it an is a basic rolling shell with only the body and tube fab left. I kinda was thinking about grabbing it but cant afford another project that would just sit right know.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I hope this thing is still floating around in Oregon somewhere. I purchased a 1989 blue crew cab from you a few years ago and have always wanted one like this one was going to be. I sold the 89 for a house down payment, but it's still been my favorite truck i ever owned and I miss it.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I came across it a few months ago for sale on facebook. It has been sitting for a while, obviously, and I almost didn't recognize it. It's had all the good parts stripped from it an is a basic rolling shell with only the body and tube fab left. I kinda was thinking about grabbing it but cant afford another project that would just sit right know.
:meant to quote you:

I hope this thing is still floating around in Oregon somewhere. I purchased a 1989 blue crew cab from you a few years ago and have always wanted one like this one was going to be. I sold the 89 for a house down payment, but it's still been my favorite truck i ever owned and I miss it.

281 - 300 of 314 Posts