Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting a Chevy d60 from a duallie under my '89 dodge. I bought superlift's 5.5 inch susp. lift and skyjacker's adjustable drag link. When I bought the stuff I was going to use the half ton axles. With the d60, the steering arm hole for the drag link to connect to is way too big for skyjacker's drag link end. What can I do to fix this? Crossover? aftermarket steering arm? Did the D60 ever come with a steering arm that uses the D44 size drag link end?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just built my own using moog 2026&2027 gm drag link ends and bending them to the angles I needed. I got a piece of 11/2 1/4 wall dom and two weld in bungs works great.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got any pics?

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Go to a good parts store (not a chain store), and have them look in the Moog or TRW catalog and try to find a TRE that has the same thread as your small end and the large taper of the 1 ton end. I am pretty sure there is something available.
Travis..

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Look in the tech department of this website. There is a whole article about steering with the part numbers of the tie rod ends that you will be looking for.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Skidrow.

I'll see if I can get it to you tonight. I'm not sure if I have a thread pitch guage. I may be able to call skyjacker and look it up. I'm using their drag link. Their end has a much larger diameter shank that any OEM end I've seen. Hopefully you can find one with the same diameter shank and thread pitch and has a larger GM taper.

I'll measure it tonight and post again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts