Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD----- remove

SOLD SOLD SOLDI have a pair of Chevy Dana 44 flat top knuckles that I took off of my front end. They've already been machined, tapped and they are ready to go(you will need new ball joints and spindle bolts). These knuckles are for disc brake front ends. Numbers on the knuckles are C36520 and C35686. They come with, already installed, Parts Mike Hi Steer arms.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes these have the 10* correction. The Parts Mike arms are part#1-PM-08K.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The stock steering arm on the knuckle, has the tie rod hole been modified? Most get reamed out to match the larger size of the GM "one ton" steering joints.
I ask as I am not running full hi-steer, my tie rod is still in the stock position.

I see those arms are the single hole for use with inverted T steering.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The stock steering arm on the knuckle, has the tie rod hole been modified? Most get reamed out to match the larger size of the GM "one ton" steering joints.
I ask as I am not running full hi-steer, my tie rod is still in the stock position.

I see those arms are the single hole for use with inverted T steering.
Ah.... got it. I never had any reason to have the tie rod holes reamed because the knuckles went from stock configuration to machined flat and tapped for the hi steer arms. I did try the tie rod ends I took off of my hi steer arms in the stock holes and they fit. ??? The tie rod ends I'm using are the Parts Mike PM-TR33.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I took a min to look at that part number. Looks like those are all "1 ton" tapers. Did the torrid end go all the way in enough to get the nut on?

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took a min to look at that part number. Looks like those are all "1 ton" tapers. Did the torrid end go all the way in enough to get the nut on?
Yup.

Thats a trip too because I took the axle off of a 1/2 ton pickup at the local pick you part. It was a 6 lug truck not an 8.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Same thing here. But when I sent Mike to be milked and tapped they teamed the stock location out for the large ends. It's not a bad thing I just was not expecting it.
Yeah that was news to me this morning when I found that out.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bump

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Where are you located? I'm in Missouri. I'm wondering how much it would cost to ship those knuckles
Well lucky for us they fit in a USPS large flat rate box. So the cost is $18.75 and you get them in a couple of days.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SPF to jeremybourland.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts