Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a small block chevy sitting in a GPW I bought, and need to know what I have. Pulled these numbers off of the front of the block.

81B241635 T0630000

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
if it is a SBC there will be I.D. number on the drivers sideof the block right above the transmission belhousing. behind the head on the flange that the tranny bolts to. should be like 8 numbers

·
Premium Member
17,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got those numbers off the pad cast on the passenger side front of the motor. I'll get the other numbers and see if I can match something up. I scrubbed the above numbers and I'm pretty sure on them.... just that I can't find them listed on any sites. I've tried moretec and numerous chevy forums.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Like xextr3m3 said get the number off the back side of the engine block just above where the bellhousing bolts to then re-check the Mortec site.

Got any pics of the SBC in the GPW? I also have a GPW with a SBC350 in it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
there should be a two or three letter or number code in one of those groups on the pad to the left of the water pump on the deck. something like TXV,ZAF,GL,T5G,D6A prety much any combo you can think of. the casting number on the rear of the block will only tell you size and year, the code number or suffix code on the front will tell you, year, displacement, vehical model, horsepower, original transmission,induction type, and a few other things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts