Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am planning on putting a chevy 3/4 frontend on my MJ and I am wanting to convert to leaf springs also.
Does anyone have some good pics of how they mounted the front shackle to the frame or custom bumper maybe?
And if anyone has done this what springs did they use, and how much lift did it get you?
Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
What transfer case you running?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
you get about 10" of lift when using rancho rs 44044.can't do the pics yet, they are on another jeep forum site if you want to see em':D

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
Your going to have to pound the hell out of your floor pan and re rout your exhaust. It can be done, but you are better off going with a ford high pinion or 81 or newer fsj. The under carriage is not friendly to this. Routing the exhaust is a pain in the but. You can do it, it just looks like a bunch of snakes when your done.

Search, there are several posts on this with many pics. don't recal his name but one of the guys here did a write up on his and placed a link to it. (kickass job too).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going with a 205. I got all the parts I need to do this conversion with I just kind was wanting a little input from all of you guys.
I would really like to not have to change the drivetrain, but if you guys can convince me that it will be way to much work then I might just have to.
I am not scared of taking a sledge to my floor pan. And as far as exhaust I have complete access to an exhaust shop. So I will have all the tools and friends to give me a hand on it.
Any other thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,727 Posts
Go for it, If you find a chevy front end for cheap enough. otherwise use your chevy knuckles on a wag or J-series truck housing. You can score a wag (NT) or j-series truck(wt) for cheap. It might be cheap enough to keep you from having to buy an adaptor to get the chevy 205 on the back of a jeep trans.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already have the chevy frontend and all the parts that I will need.
I was just wanting a couple extra opinions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts