Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I searched and haven't found anything, but other then swapping out superduty 60 inner and outers, does anyone make a bolt on outer "c" to utilize superduty unit bearing and hubs on kingpin axles? Right now my Chevy has crane inner and outer c's and the main reason for the idea is to take advantage of the superduty parts, is for the shorter outer hubs. Sorry if this has been beaten down before.

·
blatant asshole
11,751 Posts
Sin e spidertrax does alot of the unit brg stuff you should take your dirty whore mouth over there.

Fucking unit brgs on a kp. :shaking:

:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Those are what I'm looking for. For some reason I thought they were only for ballpoint frontends. Thanks Corey!
Not trying to start a huge debate here, although I'm sure someone will take exception. But I would suggest that ballJOINTS are much stronger and better suited to the abuse of an offroad axle than ballPOINTS. :D

·
Registered
15,361 Posts
Those are what I'm looking for. For some reason I thought they were only for ballpoint frontends. Thanks Corey!
fwiw those wont bolt up to your current inner c's, you will have to purchase new inner c's too, and at that cost you might as well just run stock 05+ super duty knuckles.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He must be a former toyota guy
No, just a guy looking for something a little shorter so I'm no beating my hubs on the rocks. H2's and Chevy hubs are not the most ideal combo, but I've since switched to drive slugs to shorten the distance up. Takes about 10min to remove or install the slugs depending if I drive it on the street or not and I've looked at the dynatrac kit, but like others have suggested, for the amount of money, is it really worth what you gain? Maybe I will just keep my eyes out for ford k/p 60 hubs down the road and save my penny's and get Yukon lockouts. Thank for the help guys.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
What about different wheels?
Whoa whoa whoa, you just shut up you....do you know how much 17" wheels cost these days:shaking:worth way more to just go the extra mile and swap in unit bearings, duh:flipoff2::laughing::laughing:

·
P.B.A.
4,369 Posts
No, just a guy looking for something a little shorter so I'm no beating my hubs on the rocks. H2's and Chevy hubs are not the most ideal combo, but I've since switched to drive slugs to shorten the distance up. Takes about 10min to remove or install the slugs depending if I drive it on the street or not and I've looked at the dynatrac kit, but like others have suggested, for the amount of money, is it really worth what you gain? Maybe I will just keep my eyes out for ford k/p 60 hubs down the road and save my penny's and get Yukon lockouts. Thank for the help guys.

I saw someone on here make hub protectors for a Dana 60. He ran acorn lug nuts and longer wheel studs a piece of pipe with tabs welded off of it that stacked it on top of lug nuts. And then an endcap that was like a rock ring so you could still reach in and unlock the lockout. Hope that make sense I've never been able to find the post again.

Toyota guys that don't run wheel spacers do have these for an option.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyo...177-new-toyota-product-idea-input-wanted.html

·
Banned
7,229 Posts
Any new info on this?

Not sure why it popped into my head, but I'd like to do it to a GM 60 I have.

Found this thread where a guy says the pilot is the same size?

https://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/threads/unit-bearing-on-kingpin-knuckle.53469/
99-04 or 05+ stuff? Im sure there measurements floating around out there comparing the UB hole to a KP spindle. We know a Dodge UB and Ford spindle are the same.

brakes would be the tricky part. still sounds like sacrilege :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts