Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm building a samurai based rock buggy and i got a deal on a chevy luv motor and auto tranny to put in it. it's a 1.8 isuzu motor and gm 200 metric tranny. my whole buggy weighs 1400 lbs and power will go through the 200 auto to a samurai case then to a nissan case then to 3:73 geared welded 10 bolt & 12 bolt with 36" ties. will this motor and tranny do the job??? gearing with the dual cases is about 6.10 to 1 and first gear in the tranny is 2:75 to 1 but i don't know the final crawl. any info on hoppin up this motor would be greatly appreciated. ( i already got the header). thanks chevy guys

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
I don't think the metric case will withstand the torque you will be producing with all that gear. Clifford performance used to make a header and intake for the old 1.8, along with a weber , and I know theres cams out there but cannot remember who sells them. Hope this helps

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by mudrunner78:
<STRONG>I don't think the metric case will withstand the torque you will be producing with all that gear. Clifford performance used to make a header and intake for the old 1.8, along with a weber , and I know theres cams out there but cannot remember who sells them. Hope this helps</STRONG>
MTRIC CASE ??? do you mean the tranny?? it's cool, if it don't work, a turbo 350 is a direct swap.i think.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
The auto isn't going to have to withstand any more torque than his 1.8L puts out.

Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts