Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for the guys who have converted Ford HP44 8 Lug to Chevy 6 lug. I am swapping my 8lug stuff out for some chevy 6lug and i am courious if it will affect the WMS-WMS and by how much. For some reason i rember it narrowing it 1.5" on each side so 3" overall. its been a while since i did this on my old YJ and i just cant remember for the life of me!

BTW this is a 78 F-250 HP44 full width. and will be putting on either waggy(1974-76) or chevy (1973-76.5) outers.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mine is a F250 front axle with dodge knuckles and 5 lug outers and the WMS is 65"

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now 65" is without shorting the tubes at all, just swapping on the dodge stuff? i just wanted to clarify that, sorry

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Started with HP D44 out of a 78/9 F250, original WMS = 69.5"

Sold the 8 lug stuff
Bought Chevy flat tops/caliper brackets and spindles, and Ford hub/roto assembly. New WMS = 67"

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
road head, do you know if it would be any different if i used ALL chevy stuff, keeping the 6 lug as opposedto where you switch to 5x5.5, using ford hub rotor assemb?

thanks

basicly i am trying to figure out what to make the rear width before i do the front, i would like the rear 1" narrower than the front.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
got 4wd said:
road head, do you know if it would be any different if i used ALL chevy stuff, keeping the 6 lug as opposedto where you switch to 5x5.5, using ford hub rotor assemb?

thanks

basicly i am trying to figure out what to make the rear width before i do the front, i would like the rear 1" narrower than the front.
I am not entirely sure, but I think it will be almost exactly the same. It has to be in order for the rotor to work with the calipers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts