Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody post a pic of a chevy PS pump mounted in the stock location on a small block? I have 4 pumps, all with different brackets, I would really like to what I am missing... I have it mounted now but the belt is slightly offset and I can't get it tight.

Thanks..

·
Registered
106 Posts
I fought this same battle last year when I put ps on a 350 in my cj-7. I scrounged junk yards, looked at other people's stuff and tried to make something on my own. No luck. My problem was I'm running a set of old style double hump heads with no accessory bolt holes in them. I finally ordered the March bracket set from Summit. Problem solved.

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have all the accessory holes but still can't make the parts line up just right, I must have something backwards...

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
lol, im going through the same problem, solved it by figuering out i had a short water pump and needer to get the normal with normal pulleys and everything should be working soon. the bracket i am going to use after many faild ones is some stock one the bolts to the lower 2 holes in the block on the driver side and the third bolt goes on the first exhaust manifold bolt. jiMMy

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I know that the bracket/pump setup that Jimmy is describing is used on '69 - '72 trucks (which all had short water pumps). That bracket does not bolt to the head at all, just the block using a motor mount bolt as described. There are a lot of variations of PS pump mounting schemes used on SBC motors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts