Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, what years should i look for and what other parts will i need to attach them to the frame? Also where is a good place to get the extra parts?

Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,010 Posts
search! <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0">

i found everythink i needed to know! <IMG SRC="smilies/rolleyes.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK! <IMG SRC="smilies/flipoff.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/flipoff.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/flipoff.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,678 Posts
take it easy <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/mad.gif" border="0"> they're right, there's alot of info on the search. Also try the tech board. '88-98 Chevy 1/2 ton (1500). I thought it was off the 2WD's, or at least I hope so. I bought a pair of 2WD's just yesterday.
 

·
Broke Bastard
Joined
·
4,117 Posts
Originally posted by crawlytoy:
<STRONG>take it easy <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/mad.gif" border="0"> they're right, there's alot of info on the search. Also try the tech board. '88-98 Chevy 1/2 ton (1500). I thought it was off the 2WD's, or at least I hope so. I bought a pair of 2WD's just yesterday.</STRONG>
2WD are the ones you want. A couple people bought 4WD ones and took a leaf or 2 out for flex.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,564 Posts
Originally posted by muppetz3:
<STRONG>OK! <IMG SRC="smilies/flipoff.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/flipoff.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/flipoff.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
I was gonna give you all the measurements until I saw this post. <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,996 Posts
Originally posted by crawlytoy:
<STRONG>photopoint be damned!! that's not supposed to be a butterfly! I don't even HAVE a picture of a butterfly!</STRONG>
<font color="yellow">
Hey... at least it's 48k... Over nine times the limit of 5 <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0"></font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,267 Posts
Originally posted by Benny:
<STRONG>2WD are the ones you want. A couple people bought 4WD ones and took a leaf or 2 out for flex.</STRONG>
2 and 4 have the same part # <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by PISSED OFF Disco:

I was gonna give you all the measurements until I saw this post. <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/thefinger.gif" border="0">[/QB]
o come on, i was only returning what he did =)

Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,010 Posts
mount the spring hanger for the front of the spring 11 or 11.5 inches forward of the stock one. the shackles are done many different ways and get the 9012 rancho shocks. ford shock mounts off an f-250 (dealership for about $50). use the rear springs on the front.

all i found in the search peraphrased! <IMG SRC="smilies/rolleyes.gif" border="0">

hope it helps!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you. But i noticed that the springs on my 89 are like 5 inchs longer than on my 86. Both were ifs.

Nick
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top