Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok sorry to ask this but is there any differance in the two or four wheel drive springs height wise? and with the extra leaf in the 4wd would that help with the extra weight of the 4runner?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did read that and did not see what i was looking for

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
There was a kid on here that put the chevies under his first gen 4runner and with an extended shackle he was taller than the front. I think his shackle was 8 inches. The height is not a matter of what spring type you get, it is actually luck. Some guys run the 1/2 ton springs and get 4 inches. Some guys get 2 inches. It is all dependent upon how the spring was originally used. If you dont like the height after the swap, add a couple of leafs from a rear waggy pack or an AllPro pack. Or you can use a longer shackle. Up to you.

·
Registered
988 Posts
My Chevy's are from a 2wd with three leafs and the overload and they are way to tall. I will be taking out the overload and going down to just two leafs until it settles alot. Like Kc said, it just depends on how the springs have been used in the past.

·
Registered
691 Posts
You talking about me? I did all pro 5 1/2" springs front then the rear chevys were on a 2" drop hanger then an 8" eye to eye shackle. It sits probably an inch higher in the rear. I used a 3 leaf pack with no overload or anything, and I think its perfect, just gotta match the front to it.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
KC_JoNeS said:
There was a kid on here that put the chevies under his first gen 4runner and with an extended shackle he was taller than the front. I think his shackle was 8 inches. The height is not a matter of what spring type you get, it is actually luck. Some guys run the 1/2 ton springs and get 4 inches. Some guys get 2 inches. It is all dependent upon how the spring was originally used. If you dont like the height after the swap, add a couple of leafs from a rear waggy pack or an AllPro pack. Or you can use a longer shackle. Up to you.
Or a lift block, or a add-a-leaf and block combo depending on load carrying capacity and lift desired.

Finished height also depends on frame mounting locations!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
DARKFLY said:
ok sorry to ask this but is there any differance in the two or four wheel drive springs height wise? and with the extra leaf in the 4wd would that help with the extra weight of the 4runner?

liftedwithleather said:

Welcome to 63" Chevy 1/2-ton Spring Swap FAQ

Does it matter if it's from a 2WD or 4WD?
No it does not matter if they are from a 2WD or 4WD. The 2WD have 3 leaves
plus and overload leaf. The 4WD have 4 leaves plus and overload leaf. The 2WD are the
most desirable because they are softer with only 3 main leaves and are good on a pickup. You can use
the 4WD but you will have to pull out one leaf. Don't get me wrong the 4
leaves will work but most guys run 3 plus overload leaf. Some just run only three leaves.
Also some people run add-a-leafs too. Just depends on what you want to achieve.

How in the fawk did you miss that if you read the FAQ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.