Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
thhhpptthh!
46,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got thru most of my pics. some good enough to post.

the chihuahua crew:

Our friends Mike and Judy who we met @ A4F and persuaded to come down

once we got to the top of rocotillo, Harold Off and the Rat Pack decided it would be more fun to run the trail backwards.

Patzcuaros on Thursday, i dunno who took these, as i was in camp working on shocks. Someone stole my camera though. lol

·
thhhpptthh!
46,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Terry, dad, and myself heading out for rocotillo

Terrys Beast (he's pimping for votes for TTC so please vote for him!!)

at the trailhead to broad canyon i discovered a fuel leak. fortunately for me i had brought along a world class pitcrew who quickly had the rear end disassembled, repaired, and back on the trail. Thanks guys.

we needed something to plug the feed and return fittings on the cell before we could remove it (20 gals of fuel in cell, no way to leave the fittings on and pinch the hose) so terry busted out a 15" machete and whittled these custom plugs out of creosote tree.

the backseat drivers

thats all i got thats worth posting.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
we needed something to plug the feed and return fittings on the cell before we could remove it (20 gals of fuel in cell, no way to leave the fittings on and pinch the hose) so terry busted out a 15" machete and whittled these custom plugs out of creosote tree.
It looks like there's a carrot jammed in one of those :laughing:

You got a crew of nice lookin' rigs, looks like a fun day :smokin:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Nice pics Nate! I wish that I could have made it down for the whole week instead of just Friday and Saturday. Ran Tabasco Twister on Friday. Sceep and Terry were signed up as well, but we had a big group so they just slept in and came in behind us and I didn't get any shots of them.

·
thhhpptthh!
46,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
once we got the fuel cell fixed i found this monster wall on Broad Canyon to play on.

:eek:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
The only obstacle my truck had to winch on was The Abyss. :homer:

As a consolation, the Toyota got to pull a Jeep up The Abyss too. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Saturday I ran Habanero Falls with Harold Off and the Rat Pac while Nate was climbing huge ledges on Broad Canyon. Habanero is a pretty short trail, which got us back to camp in plenty of time for the excellent enchilada dinner and raffle that included a Warn winch and a full set of Goodyear tires.

Oh sorry, am I in your photo? :flipoff2:

The truck did great with the new Krawlers on it. There were a few ledges that it would not crawl, so the turbo came in handy.

Chile Challenge was a good time, as always. Registration was way down this year though, not sure if it was the BLM BS or the economy or folks are going to KOH instead. Hopefully it grows again next year, Chile Challenge has always been one of my favorite events.

·
thhhpptthh!
46,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Tobasco twister looks really filled in, was that naturally filled in?
the left line (4+ years ago ONLY line) is impossible now. the rain has washed the sand downstream and there is a jeepsized undercut in it currently.

the shelfs on the right have been breaking off and filling in. its still very large, but lots of stacking going on on the first ledge. i wouldnt say that rock has been brought in from elsewhere to fill it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts