Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck runs great until it gets hot, I can run the truck on the trail for about 20-30 minutes and then it starts to choke out at idle. I thought it was rubber fuel lines but I checked them all and re tightened all hose clamps but still no luck, any suggestions???

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
More info please:
1. Type of fuel pump. (elec/mech)

2. Mfr/Model of carb

3. Does your carb have an isolator between it and the intake?

4. Above the engine, what type of fuel lines? (rubber/hard line)

5. How do your fuel lines route to the carb. Talk of above engine only.

6. Describe "choke" condition in more detail. Avoid the use of the word "choke" since that can be confused with the choke function on the carb. See if stumbles, hesitates, bucks, stalls, revs, runs rich, etc apply.

Otherwise, sounds like vapor lock (wild guess!).

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Edlebrock (600) carb, fairly new
rubber fuel lines
when in gear the truck hikups, and starts to stall but I can usually drop it in to neutral and it returns to a normal idle, but if I don't shift into neutral it dies. On the road, as long as i stay on the gas I have absolutely no problems, but as soon as I let off the pedal...kerplunk!
Hope this helps

·
Registered
233 Posts
Check your choke make sure it is comeing all the way off and look for a massive vacum leak somewhere. check all lines and plugs take flamable carb cleaner and spray around base of carb and intake if motor changes speed you found the leak. other than that not sure of what could be doing that good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts