Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered up a JMR 1000 series electric hydraulic bender on Black Friday. It has a somewhat blemished coating on the bender arms but it's barely noticeable. The blem dies I bought also look just fine. I was surprised to see a Baldor motor on the pump which made me very happy. I opted for a one shot 90 cylinder as well. I have not fired it up but I'm heading to Tractor Supply in the morning to buy hydraulic oil and some tractor paint for a few projects I'm working on. I look forward to putting Bend Tech Pro to the test tomorrow!

I also went and looked at a commercial space I'm considering leasing. It's small - I wish I could afford 3000 square feet but I can't. So I'll have to make due with a 1500 square foot suite that has a private bathroom and a 300 square foot office. The office is bigger than I need however I'll put some storage racks in there for inventory if I decide to lease this place. Overall it was a pretty good day!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I ordered up a JMR 1000 series electric hydraulic bender on Black Friday. It has a somewhat blemished coating on the bender arms but it's barely noticeable. The blem dies I bought also look just fine. I was surprised to see a Baldor motor on the pump which made me very happy. I opted for a one shot 90 cylinder as well. I have not fired it up but I'm heading to Tractor Supply in the morning to buy hydraulic oil and some tractor paint for a few projects I'm working on. I look forward to putting Bend Tech Pro to the test tomorrow!

I also went and looked at a commercial space I'm considering leasing. It's small - I wish I could afford 3000 square feet but I can't. So I'll have to make due with a 1500 square foot suite that has a private bathroom and a 300 square foot office. The office is bigger than I need however I'll put some storage racks in there for inventory if I decide to lease this place. Overall it was a pretty good day!

What does shop space run per sqft/yr where you are at? I've considered leasing some space around here or buying another building but it's hard to justify it for just hobby use.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It depends. This particular property has eight suites and was built in 2005. It's broken out as: 300 SQ.FT Office with heat/ac, 60 SQ.FT Restroom, and the remainder is warehouse space. It's as small as I could possibly go and at .45 cents per square foot triple net it will be around $1020 a month. I'm going to make them an offer for $900 a month and see if they bite. It's south of Sacramento in a rural/industrial area. This is on the lower end of cost for this area though there are a few deals out there in questionable areas for as little as seven cents a square foot.

If I had the land I'd just build a shop and that's my plan down the road, however for now leasing is my best option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts