Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just an idiot here but, has anyone ever attempted putting cj-5 hubs and knuckles on a tj d30 Cs? Also can u just swap your tj discs onto the cj-5 hub?

I tried using the search button, the only thing that came up was a question if I was an idiot and then it asked me if I wanted to help a nigerian prince get back to africa.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
No can do for a variety of reasons.

CJ has balljoints installed in outer knuckle, TJ is inner. CJ uses servicable bearings and a spindle, TJ uses unit bearings.

TJ rotor has 5 on 4.5" lug holes, CJ is 5 on 5.5".

Enough reasons for ya? There are more....

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,806 Posts
Just an idiot here but, has anyone ever attempted putting cj-5 hubs and knuckles on a tj d30 Cs? Also can u just swap your tj discs onto the cj-5 hub?

I tried using the search button, the only thing that came up was a question if I was an idiot and then it asked me if I wanted to help a nigerian prince get back to africa.:flipoff2:
Inner c's would also need to be swapped. The tj ball joints are in the c, cj ball joints are in the knuckle. Or vice versa, it's been a while since I have put either together.

Never heard of tj brakes on a cj. You would have to make a hub as the tj has a slip on rotor while the cj has the rotor attached to the hub.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thats all I need to hear, thanks for the info guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts