Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a buddies '74-CJ-5 it has D30 front,D44rear 304V8, T15 I believe, and a Dana20t-case.. I have a set of 2.5"Lift SUA springs for a CJ-7. I want to leave it SUA, Does anyone make hangers ect..to do something like this or will everything be custom. I can do either just looking at options before I start.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Ricktard said:
I am working on a buddies '74-CJ-5 it has D30 front,D44rear 304V8, T15 I believe, and a Dana20t-case.. I have a set of 2.5"Lift SUA springs for a CJ-7. I want to leave it SUA, Does anyone make hangers ect..to do something like this or will everything be custom. I can do either just looking at options before I start.
I coverted my CJ5 springs over to CJ7's a few years ago. However, when I did mine, I also did a shackle reversal (Warrior produced) and the front hangers were part of that kit. As for the rears I just bought shackle mounts for a 78 CJ7, measured according to the spacing difference and welded them into the new location.

Kimber

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Anyplace that deals in Jeep parts will have standard, factory issue spring and shackle hangers. Like GRIDWND said, just measure a '76-86 CJ (can be a 5 or 7) for the spacing and weld them on the '74. You're also going to need new spring plates since the springs are wider.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I seen an ad in one of the mags awhile back for a company that made the hangers,shackels,shock mounts,spring pads etc. But I can't find the mag or another ad now. Does anyone out there know this place?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts