1 - 20 of 88 Posts

· Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CJ 7 with mogs. Lots of pics

This is a buddys Heep.
Drive train: 2002 Chevorlet 5.3, T 18, Atlas 3.8

Axles: narrowed Unimog 404s

PSC Full Hydro, with WEPS High Steer arms.

Dual Triangulated 4 link rear. Lower Links are 2" x 1/4" DOM RE large superflex joints at each end.
Upper links are 1 3/4" x 3/8" DOM

Wheel base is 110"

Just want to get a few opinions.

· Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Rear Upper link frame mounts in Solid Works

They were actually angled out before they were cut out but you get the Idea.

35 deg of triangelation for both upper and lower arms
147% antisquat
I will have 3 other mounting holes that will give me a total of 4 antisquats, 115%147%, 178% and 280%

· Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Reguardless of the crossmemeber material, I think you need more bracing to support it in bending. Those swiss cheese gussets arent doing much. $0.02

· Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
B.A.R.K said:
Reguardless of the crossmemeber material, I think you need more bracing to support it in bending. Those swiss cheese gussets arent doing much. $0.02
There will be more gussets. it was modeled in solid works as 8x8 and then resized to 4x4 but the holes didn't resize with it.

· Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Todd W said:
Some of your welds look awesome (links) but some look very cold (link brackets), other than that I agree with Brett 240% AS :eek:

Take some pics o the full rig in day time looks like a fun buildup!
The 240% antisquat was easy just added another hole when cutting it out on the plasma table. If he doesn't use it, it's not in the way.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.