Pirate 4x4 banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

· Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
shelljeep said:
I like the MC thru the hood. LOL. Way to keep it low.:D
You interested in going to Clayton Nov 4th-6th?
Would be nice to have someone to caravan with.
That chevy hydroboost master cylinder is huge. :laughing: That would be a bad ass trip to go on. But I know he just finished paying off school and is buying some rims from the rockslut right now, so I don't know If he can afford it. We were trying to plan a trip to grayrock or something in later november though but I will find out.

Michael

· Premium Member
1,745 Posts
Sweet, so you two are ready for Clayton now.:smokin:
Don't worry about the metal that needs primed, forecast calls for dry and nice all weekend.;)
How much room between his melon and the new b-hoop?

· Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
shelljeep said:
Sweet, so you two are ready for Clayton now.:smokin:
Don't worry about the metal that needs primed, forecast calls for dry and nice all weekend.;)
How much room between his melon and the new b-hoop?
There is a good bit of room but that pic is with the seat slid all the way back to make sure the cross bars like this \ / don't hit the seats.

Need to finish cleaning off all the old bass boat sparkle paint, so it will look a little better. but that is not important right now.:laughing:

and the weather has been incredible here, hasn't rained since the Hurricane.

· Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
shelljeep said:
I was talkin about the weather in Clayton... just givin' ya shit. I know y'all can't make it.
What's wrong with glitter?:flipoff2:
Well besides the fact that it uber gay, whoever painted it did a crappy job and it flakes off every where. :D

I am not looking forward to putting those tires on the beadlocks. There are 48 bolts per rim, thats like a whole case of beer. :laughing: But the stance will look sweet with those rims, they have 4" more backspacing than the ones on there now. :cool2:

I would love to make the trip but can't, I think we are gonna try and make it to gilmer one weekend in late november. We were helping Jim (papastoy) get his wheelbase stretch finished this weekend, you need to pester him to go. :laughing:

· Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
geberhard said:
What are the two black lines over the rear hatch? Vacuum locker? BTW, did u change the mog pinion setup?

Gui
Those are the factory ebrake cables, and they will probably come off. He just wasn't sure if he wanted to make cutting brakes with them. However we do have to make some locker cable for the axles. And the the axles came narrowed with pinion conversions from Don Henry.

· Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 · (Edited)
geberhard said:
Definitely interested in learning more about the locker cable, so if you can post up pics when you build them that would be great!

Gui
The plan right now is to use TJ factory ebrake assembley, of course we will have to mod them. And then the cables we are going to use boat shift cables because I work at a boat dealership and you can get them in any length between 6' to 26'.

· Registered
152 Posts
New rims came in today. We will spend tomorrow and Wend putting these bitches together. Next will be the locker cables, finders, tie the cage into the frame, winch mounting, and wire the lights up. I got this trick remote controlled unit that will turn my rock lights on and off via a remote.

Only a few more months and this Junk will be ready to go.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.