Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just sold my cj to my buddy who owns a shop. he's building a 360, turbo 400 and i think going with a dana 20 for that part of the project.

he wants to do 4 wheel steering (why because why not) and has 2 chevy FRONT dana 60's. we can retube one and use it in the rear correct? i know the answer is yes but i just want to be SURE.

he also has a set of waggy springs were looking at putting waggy springs in it and do a spring over. since i dont know much about leaf height and soa height how much lift with that give us (rough est. will work) he wants to clear 36's thats the plan.

we are looking at doing hydro cylnders on all 4 corners because he has a hookup on hydro stuff and i think his comment was "well since i cant be as big as you i wanna do something trick so people will look at me"

the work envolved is not an issue he is a true full awn moooocanic by trade and owns his own auto store and shop.

im just looking for some guidance and maybe some pics of soa waggied cj's

thanks guys

DP

·
Registered
17,626 Posts
One question Alan, if he only wants to run 36's, why go D60's front and rear? I understand he's got the axles, so why not run a bit bigger tire, just because he can?
Scott

·
Registered
475 Posts
Check the pics in the 'pics of my project CJ' thread. Its on 38s w/ SOA waggy springs, a 1" bodylift, and TRIMMING. Its very close to what you're talking about. If you have questions e-mail me.

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he's one of those people that knows where the skinny pedal is. and he has the axles.

36's are the first option. we actually have a set of 44's at our disposal IF we need em.

we got the cj running last night and were looking at some things and he's talkin bout building some tubed fender flares that he can take off to wheel with so we may go bigger.... the main concern is making it semi legal to drive on the road. and we can pass the height requirement just the width is gonna be an issue another reason for the 36's.

the thing is gonna be interesting.

we had a blast last night though we put the front end back together and got the engine running again took it down to his shop and played on some snow piles. he was having some "traction" issues so he dumped the clutch and popped the front end like 2 ft off the ground. i really think he needs 60's heheeheh especially if were gonna rear steer the motha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts