Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one ever install Jeep oil sending unit into a small block chevy? I bought the chevy sending unit hoping it would work with my jeep oil pressure gauge that is in the original location of dash. It reads 80 psi with no pressure and when you put 40 psi on the sending unit the gauge reads 0. I have the wires hooked up to the gauge correctly because the terminals are labeled. I cannot find any specs on the gauges or on any sending units to know if the voltage or resistant required varies from Chevy to jeep. Maybe the jeep sending units have the 1/8-27 npt, if so, I would be good to go on this one.

Fuel tank level is another issue. I have fuel cell w/o sending unit currently. I would like to use the stock fuel gauge that is part of the CJ speedo assembly but don't know how to determine required specs for sending unit to match this one either. Dido on the coolant temp.

I'm running my old motor without temp or oil pressure readings. They say ignorance is bliss, but I'd rather not have the motor seize when I'm driving down the street with my 33" buck shots and rear detroit no-spin locker!

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
Any one ever install Jeep oil sending unit into a small block chevy? I bought the chevy sending unit hoping it would work with my jeep oil pressure gauge that is in the original location of dash. It reads 80 psi with no pressure and when you put 40 psi on the sending unit the gauge reads 0. I have the wires hooked up to the gauge correctly because the terminals are labeled. I cannot find any specs on the gauges or on any sending units to know if the voltage or resistant required varies from Chevy to jeep. Maybe the jeep sending units have the 1/8-27 npt, if so, I would be good to go on this one.

Fuel tank level is another issue. I have fuel cell w/o sending unit currently. I would like to use the stock fuel gauge that is part of the CJ speedo assembly but don't know how to determine required specs for sending unit to match this one either. Dido on the coolant temp.

I'm running my old motor without temp or oil pressure readings. They say ignorance is bliss, but I'd rather not have the motor seize when I'm driving down the street with my 33" buck shots and rear detroit no-spin locker!
Pressure is pressure and volts is volts....:shaking:

·
Registered
279 Posts
just buy they original jeep sending units and adapt them to the sbc
or just do what i did and leave the cj gauge for looks and buy accurate mechanical guages

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Ya know I was gonna make some smart ass remark but this is sooooo stupid a question it ain't even deserving. You guys that are answering this shit in hardcore are bringing pirate down to the dumbest idiot level.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya know I was gonna make some smart ass remark but this is sooooo stupid a question it ain't even deserving. You guys that are answering this shit in hardcore are bringing pirate down to the dumbest idiot level.:flipoff2:
Instead of a rant, how about a suggestion on another location? Forgive me, I'm not an experienced web board person! I just happen to have a jeep built from the ground up where I've pretty much replaced every single bolt on it myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts