Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to upgrade my D30 to 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern, for strength and to match my ford 9". I know since the CJs had it, can i put it on my XJ. I knwo the spindles had the 6 bolts and mine only had 3. FYI, i am getting the Warn manual locking hub kit and the plate that holds everything together had 6 bolts.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
The only way I have seen to use the CJ outers on an XJ, YJ or TJ it to grind off the XJ knuckles and replace tham with CJ ones. I have the Warn 5 on 5.5 for my YJ and I can't see how you can use the CJ parts with it. The outer hub assembly is defferent.

More pics here: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1372718&a=11535761

·
Registered
207 Posts
I don'thave the link, but someone else may. There was a guy who took his XJ rev. D30 and removed the knuckle yokes and attached CJ yokes with GM outers and used a Ford spindle or something like that. IMO, that was not worth all the fabrication. Either buy a Warn kit, or swap axles.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 3 bolts that hold on the "metal thing" are replaced by a six bolt spindle..according to the new 4wheel Parts magazine.

[ 10-12-2001: Message edited by: kegmaster ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.