Pirate 4x4 banner

381 - 400 of 405 Posts

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
Well she coming apart for hopefully the last time.

Hopefully be all welded up in the next couple weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #384

My lower frame crossmember for triangulated lowers

Axle towers for the trailing arms, with a little tig practice.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
jeep is looking good.....

I'm just now figuring out drivetrain.... I finally got my 32 spline input changeover from
Advance, and got that installed. then I bolted the Atlas to my GM 6L80 trans. then I
tried to use my transmission jack to lift up everything to mock it up below the jeep tub.

the jack wouldn't lift..... so I spent 2 days rebuilding the jack. then I finally just got to
lift the combo underneath the tub. to where it's almost touching a stock CJ7 tub,

I'm about 9" from the floorboards to the bottom of my trans pan.....

How far below your floorboards is your trans pan????

did you end up cutting into the floor to fit the trans and atlas??

--thanks for everything....

BTW, you gonna make the farm show this year? it's coming up Feb 11-13......

my daughter and I are going probably the 11th (tuesday).... watching the weather incase the wednesday is better..... it rained on us last year.!

--Sherpa

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #386

I'm just now figuring out drivetrain.... I finally got my 32 spline input changeover from

Advance, and got that installed. then I bolted the Atlas to my GM 6L80 trans. then I

tried to use my transmission jack to lift up everything to mock it up below the jeep tub.

the jack wouldn't lift..... so I spent 2 days rebuilding the jack. then I finally just got to

lift the combo underneath the tub. to where it's almost touching a stock CJ7 tub,

my daughter and I are going probably the 11th (tuesday).... watching the weather incase the wednesday is better..... it rained on us last year.!

--Sherpa

Not sure about farm show, I’m having hernia surgery the 5 th so no idea.

I didn’t cut anything, my trans/atlas/motor are so close To my tub it’s a huge pain in my ass to work on anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #387

--Sherpa

Not sure what day but I’ll be there. I’ll be shopping and hanging around the gold county hydraulics booth.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What an amazing build. Been a lot of fun following along with your Jeep as it progresses. Congrats on a job well done sir.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Hi Boone,

prior to taking the rear leafs off, did you ever measure how high the tub rockers are to the ground?

it looks about how high I have mine sitting for mock up right now. seems awfully high up,
but then running a 42" tire it's gotta be fairly high I guess.

so you're going to do a 4-link/trailing arm deal now.. and the arms are on top of the axle tube?

are you triangulating the lowers? under the t-case is where they meet?

--Sherpa

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #390
Hi Boone,

prior to taking the rear leafs off, did you ever measure how high the tub rockers are to the ground?

it looks about how high I have mine sitting for mock up right now. seems awfully high up,

so you're going to do a 4-link/trailing arm deal now.. and the arms are on top of the axle tube?

--Sherpa

Yes, triangulated lowers. Just figured out tonight I’ll have to lower all my mounts but I’ll have a flat belly at 24”. Rear should be 10 and 10 up and down. Getting about 2.5 more inches of wheelbase. This is all with a full tub, 4 seater kids in back seat

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #391
Hi Boone,

--Sherpa

Never measured but my shit sat way low in the rear. Awesome prerunner stance, bullshit for a jeep

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
rig keeps looking closer to being done and ready...!

I'm heading to Pomona swap meet for tomorrow to check that out,

and found an LY6 in a yard I might buy while I'm in So Cal as well.

--keep up the work!

--Sherpa

·
Registered
192 Posts
Jeep is looking real good. Can't wait to see it with the finished up 4 link. I like the tig you've been working on. I just picked up a multiprocess welder and am excited to learn tig.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #399
Just cleaning and getting ready for paint on links and cage. Gonna try my luck with raptor liner too. Way behind where I wanted to be. Going to jv April 4.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #400
Got liner in very light beige. Not what I was hoping for but it’s ok looks brighter in the pictures.

Saturday morning

Saturday night

381 - 400 of 405 Posts