Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 100 of 405 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
do the bump stops now. Trust me... those springs will flex a whole lot more after a few trips out. The rear leafs on my truck would dig the tires into the body REALLY bad once I got them broke in. Just a simple cheap progressive bump would be fine.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
do the bump stops now. Trust me... those springs will flex a whole lot more after a few trips out. The rear leafs on my truck would dig the tires into the body REALLY bad once I got them broke in. Just a simple cheap progressive bump would be fine.

Super easy to add later, plus if my bonus is good this year I’ll be getting good bump stops lol. They are easy to ad later without trouble

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Some gussets and check the body fit

Almost looks like I know where I’m going with this thing hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
so you're stretching the tub now instead of the military bed??

You must have me confused brother, my intentions with this were always to stretch the tub to LJ length. Hence the name LJ7.

I have a 56 willy stickup that I might leave the bed on though if I ever get to that project.

I got two kids and an ice chest that need room in this jeep haha.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #87

Got some more work to do now, couple wheels and tmi beadlocks are in

·
Premium Member
3,619 Posts
must have. Can't wait to see this thing done. Love me a CJ. There was one in the most recent 4WOR that was a cream color with leafs up front and linked out back that was GORGEOUS.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What are you using for the soft top belt rails on the tub? I'm doing the same thing to my CJ.

Tried to order some LJ tub rails but they are discontinued. For now I'm using the old YJ screw on style ones, but may try to make some...

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
What are you using for the soft top belt rails on the tub? I'm doing the same thing to my CJ.

Tried to order some LJ tub rails but they are discontinued. For now I'm using the old YJ screw on style ones, but may try to make some...

Dude I haven’t even got that far haha. My three options for a top are as follows:

1: get a hard top and slice and stretch.

2: get a cj7 soft top and have somebody sew in 14inches

3: get a scrambler soft top and take up, what is it 7 inches off of it.

There is a tarp and covering place near that could do the sewing.

An LJ top won’t work as is because of the front window being so different soooooo that’s where I am

Wife wants a top so I’ll figure it out later haha

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
CJ windshield that much different than a YJ windshield? I'm using an LJ top on my YJ, and it fits the windshield ok.

·
Premium Member
3,609 Posts
CJ and YJ are the same windshield.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
P.B.A.
4,345 Posts
Dude I haven’t even got that far haha. My three options for a top are as follows:

1: get a hard top and slice and stretch.

2: get a cj7 soft top and have somebody sew in 14inches

3: get a scrambler soft top and take up, what is it 7 inches off of it.

There is a tarp and covering place near that could do the sewing.

An LJ top won’t work as is because of the front window being so different soooooo that’s where I am

Wife wants a top so I’ll figure it out later haha

I know the lj top would never work.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep-hardcore-tech/2518618-white-collar-garage-build-1972-yj8-unlimited-7.html

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #94 (Edited)
CJ windshield that much different than a YJ windshield? I'm using an LJ top on my YJ, and it fits the windshield ok.

What top are you using? My buddies LJ has that deal where it opens the front up. I️ know cj7 and yj tops are the same, but was told tj/LJ tops are different

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
What top are you using? My buddies LJ has that deal where it opens the from up. I️ know cj7 and ya tops are the same, but was told tj/LJ tops are different

Look at the white collar garage build. I can post more detailed pics if needed. Your skills are far better than mine, so you should be able to make it work.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Look at the white collar garage build. I can post more detailed pics if needed. Your skills are far better than mine, so you should be able to make it work.

Just re read your thread to get to the window part, I️ had forgotten about that haha. I️ may doo the we shall see. It seems cutting down a scrambler one would be simpler and cheaper.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Its very easy to retro fit the CJ / YJ windshield frame to accept a TJ/LJ header bar. You simply cut and smooth off the corner pinch welds on either side, set your header and weld on a tab for the latch to catch onto.

I'm using a Rampage frameless LJ trail top and so far have fit it with the old style YJ tub rails, but they are kinda junky so always curious as to what others are doing.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Just re read your thread to get to the window part, I️ had forgotten about that haha. I️ may doo the we shall see. It seems cutting down a scrambler one would be simpler and cheaper.

Price was my main motivator. I wasn't going to run an LJ top, but I got the top and door surrounds for $300. I figured I wouldn't find a better deal.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Price was my main motivator. I wasn't going to run an LJ top, but I got the top and door surrounds for $300. I figured I wouldn't find a better deal.

Yeah smokin deal, if I can find that it would be a no brainer

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #100

Well, this weekend I got the rear tore back apart so I could paint before I put the body back on. My buddy buck came out and fixed some shady engine wiring. (The rest of the factory shit that didn’t get removed with the Howell kit. Then I had to stop and build a skid for my dodge, cuz last year I smacked the intercooler deer hunting.

81 - 100 of 405 Posts