Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and i can't find a good answer to this question.

I have an 85 CJ7 and the body is a bit rotted around some of the body mounts. My question is do the body mounts all need to be independant? Because i want to create a brace across the front tree body mounts on each side then bolt that brace to the tub in a more secure location.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
mschaffer66 said:
so i can make the mounts "rigid" and the body doesn't need to flex?
well he makes them out of one pice of channel per side and yes its solid but body bushingss do have flex in them keep this in mind.

I'm not saying this is the way or only way to do it but you can also cut the channel into short maybe 4" sections and weld them to the old supports under the body then put your body bushing or body lift back in. maybe that makes more sense. Also keep in mind what ever you put under the body there you will also have to space the rest of he body mounst the same elsewrher on your jeep

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i'll keep that in mind. Thanks i think i might end up going with a channel. the current pads are pretty rusted and around them are also so i wanna have more support. I'm not gonna be doing any extreme twisting so it should be ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts