Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put a LT1 from a 94 firebird into my 84 CJ7 and i need hoses. is there someplace i can buy hoses or can someone help me figure out how to make them. btw what sizes are the fittings on the box and the pump? thanks!

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Don't know about the size, but on a CJ7 and LT1 or any Saginaw PS pump and PS box should be either o ring or flare. I believe after 1985 they went to the o ring design.

Best bet is to get some fittings and take them to a shop (auto parts or hydraulic shop) and have them make you a custom hose.

They should be able to set up up for about 30.00 or so.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Unscrew the pressure relief valve and fitting from your old power steering pump and install it on the new pump on the LT1

Thats what I did when I swapped in a LS1 350 last November...

Net cost.... zero.... can't beat that....

I did the Lakerat pressure mod while I had it apart....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BIG HG (Craig)

yeah that was me, i think your son was checking out all of the seats they have on the floor by the door. i live in avondale but on friday i drove all over town to find someone to help me out. i'll try "all tube". i'll look into what the last post says about switching fittings. i have to go back to 4wheelers tomorrow, Rob was looking into the setup for me. one way or another i need to sort this out. thanks,

Chad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts