Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the process of stretching my cj7 and moving the rear 4" back with 4 link. The problem is that the mid/rear crossmember will be in the way at full compression. The crossmember the rear brake like attaches too. My question is can i cut it without significantly weakening the frame? I rienforced the frame with the M.O.R.E kit and i will probably box the body mounts on the cross member being cut. Also any idea on how to relocaye the brake line and fuel lines that cross the crossmember?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciate it Beat, you been helping my a lot through my build. How much should i rienforce the body mounts artached to the crossmember im cutting?

·
P.B.A.
4,480 Posts
Appreciate it Beat, you been helping my a lot through my build. How much should i rienforce the body mounts artached to the crossmember im cutting?
I’d build new body mounts off the frame using box tubing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im in the process of stretching my cj7 and moving the rear 4" back with 4 link. The problem is that the mid/rear crossmember will be in the way at full compression. The crossmember the rear brake like attaches too. My question is can i cut it without significantly weakening the frame? I rienforced the frame with the M.O.R.E kit and i will probably box the body mounts on the cross member being cut. Also any idea on how to relocaye the brake line and fuel lines that cross the crossmember?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That fab rat video was super helpful got a lot of insperation from it. Ive decided to make a new cross memeber out of angle iron. Saddly i want more clearance. The top of my upper axle links are inches from the floor boards because i want to keep it low. Im thinking of cutting a hole in the floor, raising the rear seat, then making a sheet metal box to cover the hole. Gonna be a pain in the @$$ but i think it will be worth it in the long run. Does anybody got any pics of something like this?

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
42,249 Posts
That fab rat video was super helpful got a lot of insperation from it. Ive decided to make a new cross memeber out of angle iron. Saddly i want more clearance. The top of my upper axle links are inches from the floor boards because i want to keep it low. Im thinking of cutting a hole in the floor, raising the rear seat, then making a sheet metal box to cover the hole. Gonna be a pain in the @$$ but i think it will be worth it in the long run. Does anybody got any pics of something like this?
TeenyCar did it years ago to his YJ.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TeenyCar did it years ago to his YJ.
This is exactly what i needed! That looks a lot more simple then i thought. I do wish i saw how he did his panhard before i made my super short one though. Guess i got another project in the future

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright, next snag I ran into... E brake cable :( My upper frame side link interferes with the e brake cable and the bracket where it splits ( not the equalizer, the bracket attached to the frame). I can move the bracket towards the rear more so the link doesn't hit in articulation, but then the cable from the peddle would need to run through it somehow. I think I need to relocate my e brake route more centered to the body, but I have no idea how to do that. any ideas or pictures?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts