Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
My Haynes wiring diagrams for the 76-77 CJ shows a yellow/orange wire that connects to the kickdown/Quadratrac. The red/white wire is for the backup switch.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I believe that the /TR indicates the wire has a 'tracer' or a second color that runs along it. Non of my Jeep wiring diagrams seems to identify what exactly the color of the tracer might be on those wires. Usually a diagram will show wht/brn indicating a white wire with a brown tracer. But not so on any of my diagrams.

This could be because Jeep used various vendors to produce the wiring harnesses. The main criteria must have been to use the correct principal color wire (whether solid or with a tracer). Then it was up for grabs on the tracers as long as they weren't repeated. Don't know...It was thirty years ago.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Hack!
I have been using a wiring diagram (Autozone's online is the same) but could not find certain componants (sp). I looks like the yellow/orange that you described is yellow/yellow on my jeep. For the kickdown that is. How can I test it to make certain? The jeep has battery power, but is not running at the moment.
E

1 - 6 of 6 Posts