Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked at several articles on where is the right location to install my Motor mounts for my LY6 in my Scrambler. I have enough clearance for the manual fan to clear the radiator but want to know if I should push it back a little farther. I have also seen that guys are pushing the motor off center to the drivers side to give a little more clearance for the front driveshaft. Anyone have more insight on this?
IMG_2353.jpeg
IMG_2353.jpeg

·
Registered
718 Posts
Give yourself an inch of clearance between the fan and radiator. Stock the driveline is shifted to the left an inch or so for added driveline clearance. When I installed a Magnum 5.2l in my CJ-8, I centered the fan in a factory CJ fan shroud. I used the 7 blade 4.2l reverse rotation fan with the Dodge fan clutch. The bell housing to engine line ended up about 2.5" forwards of that with the six.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Put the engine as low and as far back as you can. Also, about an inch off center is helpful if you ever swap to one-ton running gear. A Dana 60 pumpkin is larger.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put the engine as low and as far back as you can. Also, about an inch off center is helpful if you ever swap to one-ton running gear. A Dana 60 pumpkin is larger.
Yes already had Dynatrac 60's this is a concern as I I put in a 6L90 then a Dana 300 so already looks like the tranny is in the way of the front driveline. I can't clock it any more I think it would be worse..

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Give yourself an inch of clearance between the fan and radiator. Stock the driveline is shifted to the left an inch or so for added driveline clearance. When I installed a Magnum 5.2l in my CJ-8, I centered the fan in a factory CJ fan shroud. I used the 7 blade 4.2l reverse rotation fan with the Dodge fan clutch. The bell housing to engine line ended up about 2.5" forwards of that with the six.
Yea this is what I'm hearing. I'll re adjust the Motor as I just have it hanging there at the moment.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I used a AMC V8 CJ fan shroud, Summit has them. With my 318 engine a bit forward and a heavy RE8000 winch on the front, I still have 55% weight on the rear (Acme full hardtop and 33 gallon fuel tank add a lot of weight back there).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts