Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I NEED SOME CLAMPS THAT CLAMP ON TO 1.75 TUBING.
IVE SEEN THE ONES FROM A&A.LIKE TWO HALVES OF TUBING WITH SLEEVES FOR THGE BOLTS AND THEY JUST BOLT TOGETHER.

IM LOOKING FOR ONES MADE OUT OF SOLID CHUNKS ONE SIDE HAS THRU HOLES COUNTERSUNK FOR ALLENS THE OTHERS TAPPED HOLES....THEY USE CLAMPS LIKE THAT ON SKI RACKS FOR WAKEBOARDS BUT ALUMINUM....

PLEASE HELP....:(

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Try tonyk here onthe boards. I know he has them for 2" but not sure about 1.750

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts
Maybe Visegrips has something

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I LOOKED THRU MY GRAINGER CATOLOG AND DIDNT FIND ANYTHING....

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I've seen alot of different styles like the picture you posted on sandrails. Maybe check with some places that sell sandrails, sandrail parts or V.W. parts houses. Nextime you go to the store look through the V.W. and sandrail mags for some places that might sell stuff like this. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I used to sell Wakeboard boats and they made clamps like that for mounting racks and stuff on the towers on the boats. They were real trick looking like the one shown. Many sizes. If you need a phone number of the place i worked they can tell you who sells them.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
YEAH HOOK UP THAT ##..ARE THEY ALUMINUM ???

IM LOOKING FOR STEEL, SOMETHING EASY TO WELD ON....

THNX

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
Ryan, call Boss towers up in Sacramento. They have them for their towers. Iknow just about any wakeboarding tower company has them. Theya re usually bui9lt outta biller, and look just BAAAAD ASSSSS!!!!

Dimitri

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
we have them at work, we use them for the board racks that go on our towers. they are 6061 aluminum though. if you want aluminum give us a call, or go to the website www.proflighttowers.com

-Scott

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
71RCKCRZR RYAN said:
YEAH HOOK UP THAT ##..ARE THEY ALUMINUM ???

IM LOOKING FOR STEEL, SOMETHING EASY TO WELD ON....

THNX
He is looking for STEEL clamps, not aluminum.

I don't think any of the tower mfgs are going to have steel clamps since they don't want the rust and they do want the light weight.

As said earlier, check out www.rockhard4x4parts.com

Here is what he is looking for:

·
thhhpptthh!
46,718 Posts

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
Sceep has the right idea... :D

Most collars are not that wide. If you need a BUNCH (100+) of them, talk to your local machine shop.

Best if you can take in an example and explain it can be something like +- 0.050" on that sizing. (They will buy tube, mill for bolt head, drill, thread, then cut it down the middle.... pretty quick for CNC operation). Oh, I HATE slotting tube! :)

Sigh, lot of the shops are NOT fully loaded at the moment. Three years ago they wouldn't have looked at doing such a run (too small of a production run, money loser for a big shop. Today who knows... ).

Funny on "billet" -- just means us shops that are too damn small to have something CAST. :)

Tom :usa:

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
TNToy said:
Why does everyone think the term "billet" in ANY way relates to the metal it is composed of? :confused:
Because most people think it sounds cooler to say Billet Aluminum rather than a chunk of Aluminum. And most people don't know that billet can be many different kinds of materials.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Call Louis at Rockhard, Im sure he will sell just the clamps, he has them made for him in all different sizes.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
We used to use stainless ones at work all the time. They are called set collars and I dont have a clue where to get them. Just wanted to let ya know that stainless are out there.

Toddy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts