Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so I've been a lurker her for several years finally decided it was time to join and ask some questions. Here in the next month or 2 i will be picking up a drivable project. I have been around jeeps quite a bit my dad has a mild tj build (not a fan they are so small) and my brother had an xj and same thing they are just so tight on the inside. Some preface i am 6’3” and 320lbs so i am not small. My wife’s daily is a 94 explorer sport and it has way more room than both tj and xj. I want to pick up an older “classic” vehicle so to speak. Ive been looking at IH scout 2, jeepster commando, willy’s wagon, original bronco (but they are just so expensive now). I want something that can fit my whole family (me my wife and 2 kids) and camping gear while still being fairly comfortable. I do not have much experience with these older vehicles as far as space. I am a mechanic so im not worried so much about mechanical stuff because most likely whatever i get will get either and ls swap or 4bt swap. I want to be able to buy it and drive it without having to do a bunch and then be able to build it to be capable on the trail but be able to drive it on pavement to the trail as well. So my question for people who have experience with these older trucks is what would you start with. Do you have any suggestions other than what i have talked about. Also my budget to buy one is probably about 6-8k.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts