·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
V8 Powered 1985 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 For Sale in San Francisco, Ca

For pics:

http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/car/44869775.html

Specs:
1991 Chevrolet 350 TBI Fuel-Injected V8 Engine (Installed 20k miles ago with 30k on it)
(100% California SMOG legal …. Just passed recently at a test-only station)
Original White Body with Grey Interior with no rust
Original Blue and yellow California license plates
Toyota 5-Speed Overdrive manual transmission (Brand new at time of engine swap)
5” Lift with Shackle Reversal in Front for greater control and smoothness
Rancho RS9000 adjustable shocks
American Racing 15x8 Outlaw II’s with 33” BFGoodrich Mud Terrain T/A’s
Custom ARB style front bumper
(but minus the ARB headlight bars which ruin the classic lines of the truck)
Three Hella Rallye 4000 driving lights (BRIGHT!) hooked up to the factory dash switch
Receiver tow hitch for racks, race car trailer, or boat towing
Detachable Face CD stereo system with 4 speakers
Thule roof rack bars for surf boards, ski boxes, or load carrying.
Odometer shows 280k, but as you can see from the pictures, it looks better than most others with half that mileage.

Story:
One of the great SUV’s of all time. Timeless good looks and functionality accentuated with tasteful modifications … the way Toyota should have done it from the factory. This is not a beater FJ60 like most of them, nor is it a perfect show truck. It is a very clean rust free truck that is garaged and used on weekends for roadtrips. I built it so that it would be better looking and more capable than a stock FJ60 or modern SUV. It is a great all around truck.

The 4 wheel drive works perfectly, but I have not taken it on hard-core trails because the body and paint are so nice. I have run it on trails in CO, UT, and the Sierra's, but nothing that couldn't be handled with open diffs and 33's. This is a fantastic foundation for a more capable trail truck with some ARB's and custom rear rack. I wouldn’t hesitate to jump in and drive to Colorado to go skiing like I did last winter. No problems! Great tow vehicle, too.

Unfortunately I am getting an SUV for a company car and cannot justify having 2 SUV’s. This Land Cruiser is far cooler than my brand new 2004 SUV, but that’s life. My loss is your gain.

Price:
Asking $12,900/obo
[email protected]
Email for more pics …. I love the look of this truck and have many to choose from.
Come drive it…you will be impressed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts