Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dropped my fuel tank (metal) and it is full of sediment, deposits, ???, etc. Rinsed a bunch of it out, but it needs to be chemically treated or ??? to get the rest of the crap out.

Anybody do this/have this done? Where should I look locally? I was considering calling up a restoration shop to see if they could point me in the right direction...hoping to get this done ASAP, so any ideas or advise on where to look would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just look in the phone book. The resto shop I used to work for would take them to place that specialized in radiators. It was less than $50 w/ a 1 day turn around. There are some DIY systems, they can be PITA. You would need to break up the rust (a link of chain works good), clean, etch, and then coat. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
16,673 Posts
blacklabjeep said:
Just look in the phone book. The resto shop I used to work for would take them to place that specialized in radiators. It was less than $50 w/ a 1 day turn around. There are some DIY systems, they can be PITA. You would need to break up the rust (a link of chain works good), clean, etch, and then coat. Hope this helps.
Yep, Eastwood sells a kit, but a radiator shop would probably be better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts