Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tcase that sat for along time. The amount of gunk that is in it actually slows it down a bit. Would it be possible to put something like ATF in it and "wash" it out?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
When my SM465 needed a cleanout, I used diesel fuel. Took it for a couple spins around the block, and drained 'er out.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
woody said:
When my SM465 needed a cleanout, I used diesel fuel. Took it for a couple spins around the block, and drained 'er out.
I use diesel too when I need to flush a rear end on my big rig.

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
woody said:
I did the same thing with the NP205 in the rig right now. When I went to change the gear oil before taking her out for the first trip around the block, I was shocked to find what looked like mud in there. :( (I swear my brother couldn't take care of a moped, let alone a truck) But did the diesel trick, put new gear oil in it, and then drove it around the block again and checked the gear oil. Clean as a whistle. (Now I just gotta hope the bad oil didn't do to much damage in there)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts