Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok before ya go into the bling bling JU comments i am putting TJ flares on the REAR of my CJ-5 and would like to still use the marker lights in the rear. and rear marker lights are supposed to be red :flipoff2: and i dont feel like custom doing the fawkers if someone knows where to get some ricer style clear ones i can just run a red bulb.
unless of course none of the ricer :rainbow: have come out with this shat and i guess i will be making red ones by hand.
anyone?
thanks, Doc

·
Registered
97 Posts
Doc you might try J.C. Whitney or Jeg's. Both of them have some off the wall stuff they keep tucked away!

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GPERX4 said:
I put TJ flares on my 7 and didn't have to move the rear markers.
ya but i am putting FRONT flares on the REAR of my cj ie: cut back for longer wheelbase but still "legal" for tire coverage.
come awn someone has to have seen these things somewhere (or has them on thier rig but will not admit to it :flipoff2: )

·
Registered
360 Posts
I know a guy who has them they look ok I guess. Give him a call 1866 444 3277 tel Ask him where he gets them. I can't give you a e-mail cause he dosen't have one.Bust his chops about getting on the net.
Glen

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
arent the front and rear markers the same except color?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
why not leave them yellow? the regs don't say you can't have yellow markers, as long as you have red?

TJs tail lights meet the entire requirement for rear and rear side clearance as well as reflecters. I don't remember what stock CJ lights had, nor did you say what taillights you are running.

If you have flushmounted rear tail lights then you would need a red marker for the side in addition to the yellow.

from http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc25100.htm

25100. (a) Except as provided in subdivisions (b) and (d), every vehicle 80 inches or more in overall width shall be equipped during darkness as follows:

(1) At least one amber clearance lamp on each side mounted on a forward-facing portion of the vehicle and visible from the front and at least one red clearance lamp at each side mounted on a rearward-facing portion of the vehicle and visible from the rear.

(2) At least one amber side-marker lamp on each side near the front and at least one red side-marker lamp on each side near the rear.

and don't forget the side reflectors if you are really trying to keep it by-the book legal.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc24608.htm

·
Registered
201 Posts
On mine I put red lens tape from walmart over the stock front lens. Workes enough to change the light to yellow. I am running very similar to you with TJ front flares on the rear backwards for a longer wheelbase. I also have flush mounted tail lights so they are my only rear markers.
They have the lens tape in the auto section with the lights for repairing cracked tail lights.

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
see you can paint/whatever a yellow one red but it still would not be red and it would drop the light output a lot. with a clear one i could just run a red bulb. if i dont find one before i put these on i will just make a set :flipoff2:
just feelin fawking lazy

·
Registered
16,673 Posts
Paint the lens black and get newer CJ tail lights with the openings in the sides for the markers.

Edit:
I put TJ flares on my 7 and didn't have to move the rear markers.
They're in different places for a CJ5 & CJ7, although that's not the issue here.

Bryan

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oxjockey said:
Paint the lens black and get newer CJ tail lights with the openings in the sides for the markers.

Edit:

They're in different places for a CJ5 & CJ7, although that's not the issue here.

Bryan
running LED's in the rear:( i will get crazy with the lexan and see what i can pull off tonite

1 - 15 of 15 Posts