Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
jasonmt said:
And if you can't/don't want to make it you can always buy them at a store that deals in hydraulics:
Who's catalog is that? I could use some grease nipples. :D

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
JoshC said:

Who's catalog is that? I could use some grease nipples. :D
Princess Auto - It's a Canuck thing. Found the same items at the UFA for $4.99 each as well. Not even worth my time making them (Unless I am at work:D)

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
Hey Fabricator what tips are you using for propane? I have tried oxy propane and not good results

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
fabricator said:

I got a 3" square bumper so I'm going to weld it on.
On my bumper (bought it) it is welded to a 6"x4" peice of plate, and a hole was put in the bumper, clevis-thingie slipped through, and the plate welded to the inside of he bumper, and the the clevis-thingie welded where it comes through the front of the bumper. Might be a little stronger

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I've got oxy-propane hand torches. They work well on thick stuff, in thin stuff I find I have to preheat too long and it makes it hard to cut, rewelds together easily.

I solved it by buying a plasma cutter thats good to 5/8":D
Ken

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
looks good, but it's pretty short, i mean it'll only allow you to weld it to the surface of the bumper,
here is a pic of a bumper i have built, i ran the stock through the bumper and welded it to the front and back.
http://groups.msn.com/TheMINIHummer/mikesjeep.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=828

this is a pic of the back of the bumper, there is a hole torched all the way through, to allow it to be welded front and rear.

http://groups.msn.com/TheMINIHummer/mikesjeep.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=824
:flipoff2:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I did something like that this summer when I built my rear bumper. I wanted to have the clevis mounts on the back and figured that I could make them srtonger if I cut a hole threw the pipe and ran the plate straight threw and used the back side as the frame mounts.
Here is what is looked like when I was working on it. I used 1/4 inch plate and then where the clevis bolted up on the outside I welded another peace of 1/4 inch plate to the side of it for a little extra streight. Here is a pic of what it looks like now. I havent had a chance to try out the clevis' or the reciver so I dont know if it was a wise idea or not but hey you never learn if you dont try.
Justin<><

1 - 16 of 16 Posts