Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a supplier of a ring that's not 140.00. Or if somebody has a drawing and measurements as I have somebody that can make one. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
i assume the 140 dollar one is the novak adapters unit. I would reccomend saving your pennies and buying that one. I had a "cheap" flat clocking ring made to work flipped, and it cost me more money and time pulling the tcase multiple times to retighten the studs and clocking ring itself. yes I used loctite and/or locknuts but still constantly had problems. bought the novak ring and the lips of it fits perfectly on both the input housing on the 300 and the output of the tranny, to basically take any weight off the studs, and making them do what they were supposed to do. clamp. no issues since. If you have the abilities to make your one with lips i say go for it, but if you can only make a flat one go with novak.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i assume the 140 dollar one is the novak adapters unit. I would reccomend saving your pennies and buying that one. I had a "cheap" flat clocking ring made to work flipped, and it cost me more money and time pulling the tcase multiple times to retighten the studs and clocking ring itself. yes I used loctite and/or locknuts but still constantly had problems. bought the novak ring and the lips of it fits perfectly on both the input housing on the 300 and the output of the tranny, to basically take any weight off the studs, and making them do what they were supposed to do. clamp. no issues since. If you have the abilities to make your one with lips i say go for it, but if you can only make a flat one go with novak.
You need the thick spacer on a flipped 300/ AX15 or the D300 will hit the case of the AX15.
Thanks for the valuable info and replied on the one forsale.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
You need the thick spacer on a flipped 300/ AX15 or the D300 will hit the case of the AX15.
You can use a thin one but you have to cut the nose off the input bearing housing and swap the D300 input bearing for a sealed one. Down East Off Road's Kit goes that way. My ring was only 1/4-3/8 or so with that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts