Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone post a picture of a closed knuckle vs an open knuckle. i'm unsure of what to look for when i go out to buy a D44 off some guy this week. what are the only differences? u-joint size? i'm hoping it's an open, so it's a worthwhile buy. thanks

yeah...a newbie:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I don't think that there was ever a closed in an EB. I am sure someone can show you a picture. Basicaly if you can see the u joint then it is not closed.

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
EBSTEVE said:
I don't think that there was ever a closed in an EB. I am sure someone can show you a picture. Basicaly if you can see the u joint then it is not closed.
Pretty much, NO EB will have a closed kunckle, If you can see the U-joint, its an open kunckle

·
Premium Member
7,142 Posts
BTW I believe I read somewhere that the EB Broncos came with a smaller version of the D44, so it's different than the regular D44.

·
Registered
453 Posts
EB 30's have king pin knuckles, 44's have ball joints. No such thing as a "small" 44. '71 is the split year, later is 44, earlier is a 30. late '76 and '77 have disc brakes and a different style knukle.
The 30's look like a sort of semi close knuckle.
HTH

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
rockteeth said:
EB 30's have king pin knuckles, 44's have ball joints. No such thing as a "small" 44. '71 is the split year, later is 44, earlier is a 30. late '76 and '77 have disc brakes and a different style knukle.
The 30's look like a sort of semi close knuckle.
HTH
The Tearm "Small 44" means it uses 260 u-joints instead of the more common 297's, but they are easily upgraded

1 - 8 of 8 Posts