Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I was just wondering if there was anyway to adjust a hydrualic clutch in a 93 yj. the reason is when you put it in gear and let off the clutch it ingages right from the floor. any help would be wonderfull. thanks

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
No adjustments available for your clutch. It sounds like you may be needing a new slave cylinder. If the clutch were worn, it would engage later, and slip. If the hydraulics fail, they do not move the throwout bearing as far, not fully releasing the clutch. Then the clutch engages right off the floor.
If you have the internal slave cylinder, you will need to remove the tranny to replace it. You might as well replace the clutch while you are there.

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
If you have the time I would suggest swapping bellhousings with a 95+ AX15 to get an external slave cyl. Those internal slaves are the DEVIL!

PM me if you are interested in a parts list and writeup on the conversion

Johann

·
Premium Member
8,606 Posts
Johann said:
If you have the time I would suggest swapping bellhousings with a 95+ AX15 to get an external slave cyl. Those internal slaves are the DEVIL!
Ditto on the EVIL internal slaves.

BTW, my 94 has the external setup.

ChiXJeff

·
Registered
159 Posts
As a side note, check your fluid, see if it has a black tint to it. This would be a sign that the seals have gone bad in your master cylinder. I've ran into problems with certain brake fluids destroying seals in cylinders. I haven't seen it on jeeps, but it could help in the diagnosing the problem.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Wouldn't a leaking internal slave cylinder get everywhere, and destroy the clutch friction disk?

I just swapped from a 904 to a T-176, and setting up all the mechanical linkage. It goes for it's mayden voyage this friday. Anything i should be weary of?

(Jeep hasn't moved in 7 months, all the clutch components are brand new, and the tranny was from the wrecker).

Wayne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts