42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad3: Folks,

I was just going out of my driveway, and as I engaged the clutch to shift
into 1st gear, the pedal went down all the way. That the transmission didn’t
engage goes without saying. I know I was having a little leak from the
master cylinder… but the reservoir is full. How do I know where the problem
is: the master or the slave cylinder? If it could be possible to get an
answer kind of “real time” (which means f$%^ing ASAP!)… please.
:(

·
Registered
410 Posts
Without popping off the inspection cover, its gonna be difficult to tell what's going on. The clutch MC could have absolutely blown its seals and is just not pumping (but if that happened it leaks all over the place).

Get a buddy to look at the clutch slave/fork while you press it in. If it looks like all is well there, get your 10mm socket out and remove the inspection cover. Be sure to catch the remains of the throwout bearing... (just kidding, maybe)

Oh and welcome newbie. :flipoff2: :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying.

I know the mc is busted. Good thing I have a spare. I also know when one goes, the other will follow soon. Since the mc is leaking anyway, I'm changing it tomorrow.

And getting a sc asap.

Not so newbie... just don't post too frecuently. :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
No problem... I always have a spare at the house, too. I always just end up rebuilding the old one to keep around just in case.

You're doing a lot reading b/c it said you had 1 post... :D

Good luck!

·
Registered
423 Posts
I had something like this happen to me one day, stepped on the clutch, it went to the floor and nothing happened. turned out that the pivot ball had punched through the throw out fork. It had just been wearing for so long that it finally gave up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:confused:

Hello again folks. Still having trouble with the clutch. I changed out the master and the slave cylinders, bleed and ran the cruiser for approx. 150 miles... just to have the pedal go all the way down to the floor. I opened the inspection plate and looked inside. No parts flying, no oil from the main rear seal, fingers on the disk look good.

Some help again, please :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.