Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting a switch on a 97 TJ to cut the clutch interlock on and off. The 97's are a pain in the ass because the don't use a fuse like the years after, instead you have to unplug a set of wires and plug them into another set. I've found the right type of switch, but have no idea what rating to get. I was thinking a 20A, but if anyone knows for sure.......

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Why not just plug it in and leave it? I can't think of any reason you would want to have to hit the clutch before starting it up. If you can't tell whether your junk is in gear before starting it, you need an auto. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Why bother? Just leave it set so it starts without the clutch needing to be depressed. That fawked interlock was just added at the insistance of the lawyers who feel we must be protected against the incompetent people of this world. I moved my plug in my '97 TJ to the normal position nearly seven years ago and never looked back.

Unless you're in the unfortunate habit of trying to start engines of manual-transmission equipped vehicles without first shifting into neutral or stepping on the clutch, just leave the plug in the "Competent Driver" position. ;) :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts