Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to sound F'd but I have a strange issue going on with my clutch. I just replaced my clutch about a month ago and ever since then, my pedal is acting strange. When the truck is parked and running in neutral, my pedal is perfect..... If I am driving down the road and go to shift, the pedal is on the floor and has almost no pressure. As soon as you stop it has full pressure again.
Did I get a bad or defective pressure plate????? Everything is new right from Toyota..... I am getting really pissed and getting to the point that I don't even drive my junk......she spends most of her time in my shop looking out the window :(

· Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Georg,
Clutch was replaced due to a couple of seasons of abuse in the rocks..... The current setup is as follows:Hotrod 2F, H41, stock 3 speed case, 4:11's and 36" SX's.....

Replaced were the disc, pressure plate, pilot bearing, throwout bearing and the fly wheel was resurfaced...how much I don't know. I do know that it was the 1st time the flywheel was resurfaced.

The disc and pressure plate are both reman. from Toyota..... I don't see any leakage anywhere.......

?????????????????

Chris

· Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Georg!!! I will cheek the crank for play tomorrow and also will check the pressure at high idle and while driving and I'll get back to you....

Thanks again!!!!

Chris

· Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bagsmo said:
If thats anything like "fingering" your pressure plate to check for T/O bearing smoothness, I wouldn't recommend it. I'm still cleaning blood off the driveway. And I'm NOT posting any pictures...

That HAD to HURT!!!!! :eek: :shaking:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.