Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch is going out on me again. Now this is the third clutch for me in this truck with in 2 years. I'm not new to a stick, and am not much of a transmission expert. It is a 5 speed mated to a 300 inline six in a 1994 F-150. Now does anyone know what a possibility could be for the problem?

Thanks,
Semper Fi,
Josh Allan

·
3d Artist for Hire!
19,324 Posts
Is the transmission leaking anywhere? I know that the slave cylinder has been known to go bad on those trucks. I had to replace mine just over a year ago.

That may not be the problem, but it may be part of the problem. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked both, no leaks and plenty of fluid everywhere. I was looking at the receipt of when I had the last one put in. The last one went out within the warranty time, and this one has only been on the rode for about 2 months, it was put in while I was in Borth Carolina. It's basicly only two months old! Fawkin trucks, geeez!:rolleyes:

·
3d Artist for Hire!
19,324 Posts
Here's a terribly obvious question for ya: When driving, do you rest your foot on the clutch pedal? Even a little at all?? Otherwise known as riding the clutch?

That is bad. That will cause the clutch to wear out pretty fast.

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
When you say going out, you mean like, slipping, chattering, or going out on a date? :flipoff2:

If the pedal is getting all screwy on you, then maybe the slave cylinder is going out, releasing the clutch to early, and causeing wear. Did you have the T/O bearing, slave cylinder, and the little bearing behind the flywhweel replaced when doing the clutch? Did you have the flywheel resurfaced?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.